By default, log files (access and error) are setup to rotate daily, keeping one compressed archive until the next rotation. The reason they are rotated daily is to reduce the amount of space they take up since log files are added to your storage usage and large log files could cause your site to exceed its quota.
Articles in this section
- Where is a website’s public directory located?
- How do you upload files from a local computer to my website?
- A script is not working, are you able to help install and troubleshoot it?
- How do I setup forwarding for a Forwarding account?
- How do you access a domain’s raw log files?
- How often are a domain’s log files rotated?
- What is an .htaccess file?
- Why are visitors receiving a “403 Forbidden” error page when they try to view the contents of a directory?
- How do you password protect a directory?
- How do you set a website’s or a folder’s default page to something other than index.html, for example home.html?